Blackjack rules – the game basics
Online Blackjack is one of the most popular games among gamblers all over the world. The main reasons for that are: the simplicity of the game’s directives, including Blackjack dealer rules and the flow of play for users; a very attractive RTP rate that is one of the highest in the whole gambling industry; the exciting gameplay and many variants of Blackjack, available at online casinos. The followers can play not only Classical game with standard Blackjack rules, but European, Switch, Double Exposure, Surrender, Multi-hand and many other types, as well.
The basic Blackjack rules and types of actions
Blackjack is a game that is played with a standard deck of 52 cards, where cards 2 to 10 equals to their face values, Jack, Queen and King are 10 points each and Ace is 1 or 11 points, depending on a specific combination. The main goal is to collect 21 points, or to gain more points (but not more than 21) than a dealer does. At the start of the game a gambler places a bet and receives 2 closed cards, while a banker opens one of 2 dealt cards. Subject to the current combination a player takes additional cards, or leaves the hand as it is. Then a dealer opens the second card and a winner is identified.
A gambler can choose any of the below mentioned actions, depending on existing combinations.
- Surrender. This is one of Blackjack rules, that is available not at any of online casinos. It gives a chance to drop the cards and to lose a half of the bet.
- Hit. It means that a gambler requests for an additional card.
- Stand. A player leaves the hand as it is.
- Double. When 2 cards are dealt, a gambler can double a bet, but after this only one additional card is received.
- Split. 2 cards of the same rank can be split. So, a player places an additional bet and start playing both hands simultaneously.
- Insurance. A participant can use this option, if a dealer has Ace, as the opened card. In this case, it’s necessary to make an additional bet on a special field. And if a banker really gets Blackjack, a player receives a win with the odds – 2:1.
Well, there’s nothing complicated about the general Blackjack rules and every beginner is enough to spend some dozens of minutes to become a full participant of exciting competitions.
The basic strategy of Blackjack as the simplest variant to succeed
The beauty of Blackjack is an opportunity to use various strategies to increase winning chances. But the most popular and commonly used one is the basic strategy that directs players how to act, depending on the cards, dealt to a player and to a dealer. There’s not an issue to find a special chart, containing the general aspects of the strategy. But it can be represented by some rules, as well, and the major of them are the following ones.
- It’s necessary to double a bet, if a banker has from 3 to 6.
- A player should stand, if the amount is 17 or more points.
- If a gambler has 11 points, and a dealer doesn’t have an opened Ace, the bet can be doubled.
- If the result is 12 points, the third card is to be taken.
- If a player has 15 points, and a dealer’s result is 10, the hand should be surrendered.
- It’s necessary to take the third card, if the result is 12 points against dealer’s 2 or 3.
- If a dealer has 5 or 6, a player should double the bet.
- The bet is to be doubled if there are 15-18 points against 4 grades in the dealer’s hands.
- Two 10s shouldn’t be split.
- Two 9s shouldn’t be split, if a dealer has 10 or Ace.
- A pair of 4s and 6s a gambler needs to take an additional card, if a banker’s opened card is 7.
These are not all possible variants of possible actions according to the basic strategy, but they are the most useful ones.